[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope] Zope 3.1.0 released!

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 11:47:04 EDT 2005

>>   http://zope.org/Products/Zope3/

[Reinoud van Leeuwen]
> Is it intended that one should login before being able to access that
> page?

Not intended, and logging in may not help either.  Try it with and
without the trailing slash:

    http://zope.org/Products/Zope3/

or

    http://zope.org/Products/Zope3

At the moment, the latter "works" for me but the former doesn't.

During the time I was uploading the Windows installers for 3.1.0
(within the last hour), it's possible that login was _required_ before
the UI let me "publish" them.  Sometimes Software Release pages get
into that state, refusing to let anonymous visitors view them so long
as any "private" items remain.  That's not a possible factor anymore
(all items on the page are "published" now).

During the upload process, I had the same ongoing problems with
getting back "login is required" pages at seemingly random times
despite that I was logged in the whole time.

Chopping or adding a trailing slash often worms around that, and
whether or not you're logged in.