[Zope] Re: Upgrading from 2.7.6 to 2.8.1

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Wed Oct 5 11:28:56 EDT 2005

Coyping across var and Products directories should be sufficient I believe.
Have you packed the database recently?

Rather obvious question but have you actually run "Portal Migration"
(from the ZMI) ? ;-)

If your Products use Archetypes you may run into Catalog errors. We
haven't succeeded in migrating to Plone2.1/Zope 2.8 but that is due to
other problems with Archetypes migration.
If your installation heavily customised Plone's templates, this may
cause problems due to Plone's templates having changed in 2.1. You'd
have to re-customise the new templates.

Hope this helps,
Nick