[Zope] Packaging a zope application

Joshua Burvill josh at mri.com.au
Thu Oct 6 22:28:14 EDT 2005

Hello All,

I have a zope application which operates on data in an external relational
database (Firebird), as well as containing lots of folders, dtml docs,
scripts, zsql methods etc within the zope db

I would like to get suggestions on the best way to package the whole
application so that it is easy to set up from scratch.

Currently there is a three step process:
1. install correct version of zope
2. unzip a zip file which I maintain that contains all the added libraries,
products, .zexp file,  and external methods into their correct paths in the
zope root folder on the filesystem, then restart zope
3. Log into zope as admin and import the .zexp file into the zope root
folder in the zope db

Any suggestions of easier /  better ways to do this would be much
appreciated.

Regards, Josh