[Zope] Re: Zope Hotfix 2005-10-09 broke my zope 2.7.5

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Mon Oct 10 23:39:22 EDT 2005

--On 10. Oktober 2005 20:21:10 -0700 John Schinnerer
<johnschinnerer at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Aloha,
>
> I just applied the below hotfix as directed to a zope 2.7.5
> installation on my development machine.
>
> It broke something bad, now the browser just says
>
> The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost:9673
>
> I cannot access the ZMI nor any site pages, not on localhost:9673 nor
> on 127.0.0.1:9673
>
> That is the port it was installed and had been working on.
> I did nothing but install the hotfix as directed on the linked page
> below.
>
> I have completely restarted the machine.
> At boot time the messages indicate that zope started fine, as usual.

When Zope does not respond to requests as stated then there has been
something during the startup phase of phase. I do not believe that the patch
causes a startup problem. If it does then you applied it the wrong way or
you are not telling us all details in terms of error messages happening
during startup.

-aj