[Zope] Zope security and packing the database

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Oct 11 02:44:16 EDT 2005

Cameron Beattie wrote:
> I have created a script based on zope_pack from the Zope book which
> allows a username and password to be specified when it is called. I wish
> to create a user specifically for this purpose that only has the ability
> to pack the ZODB.

What permission is ZODB packing protected by?

> granted the backup role all available permissions. But the user can't
> login to
> http://mydomain.com/Control_Panel/Database/main/manage_workspace

I don't know what zope_pack looks like, can you show us?
What error message do you get?
Any tracebacks?

cheers,

Chris

PS: I wouldn't do zodb packing by whacking a url. There's a script that
scripts with ZOpe now that opens up a ZEO connection and does the pack
that way, that's what I'd do...

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk