[Zope] help with MailTemplates 1.0.0

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 05:46:01 EDT 2005

Nicolas Georgakopoulos wrote:
> I make it work , the fist time I try to use it I had copied my Mailhost
> object from another folder and it wasn't working. I delete it and create
> another one with a different name. When I go to the MailTemplate object
> to chooses my new MailHost it was already selected but still not
> working.

Yes, this is annoying and slightly confusing, I've made a note on the
revelent issue:

https://secure.simplistix.co.uk/support/issue181

> Trying to execute the attachment example , you forgot to put ' ' on the
> second mail address  line: mto=('to1 at example.com',to2 at example.com),

Oops, thanks for finding that, I've fixed that for the next release.

> And to send the attachment I get another error:
>  <strong>Error Value: You are not allowed to access 'add_file' in this
> context</strong><br/>

The user executing the python script that calls add_file needs to have
the 'Use mailhost services' permission, did they?
Shane Hathaway's VerboseSecurity product may help you figure out what's
going on...

>     - __traceback_info__: {'path': ['message'],
> 'TraversalRequestNameStack': []}
> KeyError: 'message'

Yes, well, see my other reply about this...

> PS: The test mail I received on the first simple example,  the part  <a
> href=""tal:define="url root/absolute_url" tal:attributes="href url"
> tal:content="url"/> doesn't render right , it actually show in the body
> of my message mail  like -->  your interest in: <a
> href="http://localhost:8080"
> <http://localhost:8080/>>http://localhost:8080 <http://localhost:8080/></a>

Oops, another example corrected, the source should read:

<tal:body xmlns:tal="http://xml.zope.org/namespaces/tal"
           xmlns:metal="http://xml.zope.org/namespaces/metal"
 >Dear <tal:x replace="options/mto"/>,

<tal:x replace="user/getId"/> would like to thank you for your interest in:
<tal:x replace="root/absolute_url"/>

<tal:x replace="options/message"/>

cheers,

The Web Team
</tal:body>

cheers,

Chris - who does appreciate all the testing you're doing :-)

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk