[Zope] Zope 2.7.8 or Zope 2.8.X

Bakhtiar A Hamid bakhtiar.ahamid at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 00:43:53 EDT 2005

On 10/14/05, Dennis Allison <allison at shasta.stanford.edu> wrote:

> We have been running on Zope 2.7.6 with a few patches. I am now planning
> to migrate to Zope 2.7.8 but am pondering the move to Zope 2.8. We are in
> a production situation and cannot accept any downtime, so I am very
> concerned about stability and compatibility.
>
> Can the list provide words of advice?

not an advice, but what we went through ..

i'd suggest 2.8, but test first. and then test again. when everything is ok,
you can test again. :P

2.8 has many features compared to 2.7. with zope, testing your instance is
not that hard. install python2.3.5 and zope. get all your products. get your
data.fs start zope, fix problems. surf your site(s)

as somebody mentioned, if you make use a lot of Catalogs, you need to
manage_convertIndexes. and if you use dtml (esp dtml-in with
sort=something), you need to move the sort to your catalog queries.

i'm in the second stage of testing and will be going to the next stage (of
testing)

hth

p/s - don't forget to test your instance

http://myzope.kedai.com.my - my-zope org