[Zope] Zope Debugger lets WingDbg fail to connect toclient

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 02:46:49 EDT 2005

Wingware Support wrote:
> Just a couple notes on this:  We monkey patch only while the debugger
> is active

Does this mean "When WingDbg is installed" or is there more to it than that?

> Also, someone mentioned changing the monkey patch to call inherited.

Not sure what you mean by that...

> However, what would make the most sense (to me) is to get the
> co_filename setting part of the patch into Zope as a real change to
> the code (this adds no overhead, and it's entirely reasonable to set
> file name or url of some type here when available) and leave any other
> stuff like line cache stuffing to zdb or other debugger.

I guess I agree, but we need to come up with a standard for it then ;-)

> Anybody understand what the sticking point with that is?  Is it the
> change from removing/adding ##'ed header so it's not stripped before
> making the code object (so line numbers match source)?

Don't see what any commented block stuff has to do with it, what would
that have to do with co_filename? I don't see any real sticking point
other than that both CMF and Zope need the changes...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk