[Zope] Deleted users still have local roles?

Robert Boyd robert.h.boyd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 12:59:05 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'm seeing that if I assign a role on an object to a user, then delete the
user, the object still lists the user as having the local role - and I can
assign the non-existant user more local roles, too. Thus, no referential
integrity between users and local roles. I suppose any of my code dealing
with local roles can try to get the user first before displaying their id,
to prevent showing these non-existant role-holders. Anyone deal with this
issue before?

I guess this stems from the fact that in Zope, objects know which users have
local roles on them, but user objects don't know about the things they have
local roles on (correct me if I'm wrong). Is this also the case in Zope 3?
Often it's useful to be able to say "User A can do these things in relation
to these objects" but in Zope it appears you have to inspect every object
everywhere on the site in order to get this information.

Rob