[Zope] Zope 2.8 or 3.1?

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Oct 26 16:40:09 EDT 2005

I'm using Zope 2.7.x on RHEL 3.x without trouble ... Though I should be
upgrading to CentOS 4.x fairly soon ... what problems have you heard of?

As for Zope, if you're not sure, then you probably want 2.8.x ... 3.1 is
stable, but for lower level development ... also depends what features you
need ... some CMF things aren't avilable in it yet.

J.F.

  _____

From: zope-bounces at zope.org [mailto:zope-bounces at zope.org] On Behalf Of
HaraldFinnås
Sent: October 26, 2005 4:43 PM
To: zope at zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Zope 2.8 or 3.1?

I'm new to Zope, and I've been playing with 2.8.1, but I really haven't done
any real work with it yet. Now I expect to get my new decicated Zope
hardware tomorrow, so I have to decide if I should go for 2.8.4 or 3.1.0.
Any tips if I should go for the latest and greatest or stick with 2.8?

I've also seen comments that running Zope on RHEL/CentOS might not be wise.
My test env. is using FC4, but I'm planning to install CenOS 4.2 on the
production server. Unwise choice?

Regards,
Harald