[Zope] Zope 2.8 or 3.1?

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu Oct 27 03:37:12 EDT 2005

On 26 Oct 2005, at 21:43, HaraldFinnås wrote:
> I've also seen comments that running Zope on RHEL/CentOS might not
> be wise. My test env. is using FC4, but I'm planning to install
> CenOS 4.2 on the production server. Unwise choice?

I'd be curious to find out who says something like that. It's BS.
Zope runs perfectly fine on all RHEL-based distributions.

The only issues you might ever run into would be problems with the
Python that comes with the OS. But then again if you run Zope in
production you should never ever use the system Python and build your
own instead. The system Python tends to be compiled with weird flags
on RH-based distros to suit their own needs for the many Python-based
scripts they have in the OS. Don't use it, build your own.

jens