[Zope] Zope 2.8 or 3.1?

Einar Næss Jensen einar.nass.jensen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 06:16:21 EDT 2005

On 10/28/05, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:

> On 28 Oct 2005, at 10:26, Einar Næss Jensen wrote:
>
> Debian is a great distribution, no doubt, but "X works for us while Y
> does not" is a misleading statement that creates wrong impressions.
> It's not RedHat's fault that you weren't up to speed on some of these
> things.

No. Probably not.
We should have had quite another aproach to the new install of redhat
9.0three years ago.
The brokne rpm database we didn't manage to recover using the rpm-tools.
As i remeber it, a lot of the packages installed software in places where
other packages or sourcebased installs would not find it.
I think also the up2date procedure with logging in and register your product
etc was not what we wanted
Also as I remember it, at about the same time Redhat anounced the end of
life for several of its products and wanted us to use The new RedHat
Enterprise.
So there were several factors involved in the change, and probably it didn't
have much to do with a bad product from RedHat.
Still we dislike Redhat.

I think I have written myself way off topic no, so i'll quit here.

--
Einar Næss Jensen
http://einar.nidelven-it.no/einarblog