[Zope] Zope startup error: Archetypes: IndexError: list index out of range

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Sep 6 13:48:13 EDT 2005

Paul Sue wrote at 2005-9-6 08:39 -0700:
>Fair enough, but surely there must be SOMEONE on this list that is running Zope/Plone on Solaris???

We did (but do no more because PC hardware is *much* faster at a lower
price). We had few Solaris related problems (none apart from
occational "impossible" error code returns).

Colleagues of mine are very fond of Solaris (which I cannot understand,
personally). They plan to test Solaris again now that Solaris
runs on PC hardware.

As I already told you (but you apparently decided to ignore it),
the problem you have observed has nothing to do with Solaris.
I saw it on Linux as well. It is a rare Python bug, triggered
when "*.pyc" files got an unfortunate source name.

--
Dieter