[Zope] Can't get ZEO running with zeoctl start

Mikko Koivunen mikko.koivunen at deltamarin.com
Thu Sep 8 01:40:33 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I'm trying to install a ZEO server. I already have Zope working, the
ZEO-clients installed and testing ZEO with "zeoctl fg" actually works fine -
but "zeoctl start" gives me this error:

. Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/deltaweb/zope/lib/python/zdaemon/zdrun.py", line 736, in
?
    main()
  File "/usr/local/deltaweb/zope/lib/python/zdaemon/zdrun.py", line 733, in
main
    d.main(args)
  File "/usr/local/deltaweb/zope/lib/python/zdaemon/zdrun.py", line 232, in
main
    self.run()
  File "/usr/local/deltaweb/zope/lib/python/zdaemon/zdrun.py", line 245, in
run
    self.opensocket()
  File "/usr/local/deltaweb/zope/lib/python/zdaemon/zdrun.py", line 267, in
opensocket
    sock.bind(tempname)
  File "<string>", line 1, in bind
socket.error: (13, 'Permission denied')

I tested it with users root and zope. The file permissions as far as I know
are right.

This is annoying because I would want to put zeoctl in init.d and use it
with service/chkconfig. Zope 2.7.6, Python 2.3.5, running on RHEL4. Any
ideas?

--
Mikko Koivunen, IT-department
Deltamarin Ltd