[Zope] RFC: Requiring Python 2.4 in Zope 2.9

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Sep 8 06:35:41 EDT 2005

Alan Milligan wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
>

>>Comments are welcome. :)
>>

> If the work indicated in the security audit does not require additional
> effort for 2.9,

Effort will be needed.

 > then it would be best to get it into 2.8 ASAP, allowing
> 2.8 to be run under 2.3 or 2.4 as an 'approved' transitional environment.

That is out of scope for the proposal.

> Until then, in the interests of not alienating a large user base, a
> 2.8.x release approved for 2.4 would be most appreciated.

This would require a new 2.8 release and would require a volunteer
to make the necessary security changes.  If Andreas wants to make
another release and there is a volunteer to do the security changes,
then it's OK with me, although I'm not sure it's worth the bother.

Jim