[Zope] Using Structured Text and HTML-quote together for RSS 2.0

Jonathan Cyr cyrj at cyr.info
Thu Sep 8 15:01:49 EDT 2005

Thanks... but go easy.

I have to choose which features of Zope to learn and use, based on a
much larger criteria than I can present here.

I do not wish to mix ZPT and DTML in my project... I had chosen DTML,
before ZPT was mature... It may be better, but I don't care for now...
when I'm able to re-assess which pieces of Zope to use in a future
project, I may well choose it.

As a professional programmer, you must see the advantage in adhering to
a project's standards and specs, as to managing the code in the
project.  That is why I needed to use DTML for my RSS.

I have chosen my mix for this project, and benefit much more from my
standards docs much more than any single feature like ZPT can provide.

As far as I know, DTML is being supported into the future, and my hand
will not be forced.

I appreciate all the hard work in developing ZPT for the community, but
it's just not for me, yet... probably be used in my first Zope 3 project
instead.

BTW, the solution presented by Peter hit the nail on the head... I have
a very nice RSS setup now for my Zope app.

Thanks,

-Jon Cyr

--
Jonathan Cyr