[Zope] FYI on Debian 3.1/zope Re: Images too (StructuredDocument size limit reduced after 2.5.1 to 2.7.5 upgrade)

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Sep 9 02:59:38 EDT 2005

John Schinnerer wrote:
>>>That was what I needed, the parameter name...my sysadmin set it low
>>>for security reasons, not realizing....
>
>>Clueless overly paranoid sysadmins strike again ;-)
>
> No actually, he's very clueful and security-conscious, and I was
> mistaken about how it got set that low, it appears to be a debian
> package default setting.

Ah, my mistake, clueless overly paranoid debian packagers ;-)
(they're very close in breed *grinz*)

Glad to hear your sysadmin doesn't fall into the former category though!

> FYI anyone upgrading to the recent Debian 3.1 release (sarge), the
> default in the config file in the zope package (2.7.5 final) in sarge
> has cgi-maxlen set quite low, 10000 if I recall correctly, to block
> potential DOS attacks according to the comment on the setting (Debian
> is perhaps a bit paranoid in this case...).

*thunks head against wall*

Anyone know who the debian package maintainer is so we can give them a
tickle?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk