[Zope] Using Structured Text and HTML-quote together for RSS 2.0

Jonathan Cyr cyrj at cyr.info
Fri Sep 9 16:12:38 EDT 2005

Hi Peter,

Happy to have the choice, don't get me wrong.  I found DTML very easy,
I'm old school and generate all of my HTML/CSS by hand.

In addition to CSS, I've found it pretty good for inserting items into
JavaScript, Applet and Embed elements.

 I find that I'm attuned to a tag system that jumps out at me when
reading.... The ZPT stuff wasn't as easy to parse visually for me....
but if you're a Dreamweaver user or something, I'm sure its a godsend.

I can move quite fast in DTML, and my ability to parse it visually is
key in my productivity.

Funny, I bought Zope's approach "hook, line & sinker", early on, with
the various Zope books published with DTML being a major piece of the
Zope puzzle.  DTML made sense to me then, still does.

-Jon

Jonathan Cyr
cyrj at cyr.info