[Zope] Zope tutorial / help & VHM problem

Administrator admin at different-perspectives.com
Sat Sep 10 13:54:19 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm new to zope, and am having a problem with the tutorial behind Apache2
using VHM.

I've got a zope 2.7 testing site up & running behind Apache/2.0.54 using a
virtual folder (/zope/) and rewrite to localhost, and using VHM. This is all
running on Debian Linux 3.1.

Everything works OK, even switching to https for manage etc, except the
tutorial doesn't work. The tutorial seems to use absolute paths for objects
(e.g. HelpSys) which VHM isn't translating, and so the pages fail to load
and work properly.

I've opened an additional port through the firewall and set the instance to
listen on that port, and the tutorial works properly delivered directly.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it just me? Do I have something set up
wrong?

If there's a workaround then I'd be happy to hear it. If not, should I log
this as a bug?

I loaded the ZopeTutorial using add object to folder. Nothing changed. No
access control added.

Thanks in advance

David