[Zope] Re: zope is selfrestarting: can't uninstall a product!

daniele dada_dna at yahoo.it
Thu Sep 15 18:57:52 EDT 2005

Dieter Maurer ha scritto:
> daniele wrote at 2005-9-15 11:12 +0200:

>>I went to events.log and found that before the
>>"Shutting down with error code 1" lines
>

> Apparently, something in your Zope decides there is time for
> an "exit(1)".
>
> I would attack this situation with a C level debugger:
>
>    Attach to the running Zope process.
>    But a breakpoint on the C function "exit".
>    Let Zope continue to run...
>
>    When the something thinks it were time for "exit",
>    you will enter the debugger and can analyse what
>    this bad something is...

I think this is not necessary: the event.log clearly say what is the
problem. Here is a paste:

------
2005-09-15T19:38:35 INFO(0) ZODB conflict error at
/index_html/hacker/topicImage (1 conflicts since startup at
2005-09-15T08:51:57)
------
2005-09-15T19:47:35 INFO(0) Plone Debug
/hdb/zope/instance/Products/CMFBoard/skins/cmfboard/forum_add_topic_form.cpt:
No default action specified for status success, content type ANY.  Users
of IE can submit pages using the return key, resulting in no button in
the REQUEST.  Please specify a default action for this case.
------
2005-09-15T19:47:35 INFO(0) Plone Debug
/hdb/zope/instance/Products/CMFBoard/skins/cmfboard/forum_add_topic_form.cpt:
No default validators specified for content type ANY.  Users of IE can
submit pages using the return key, resulting in no button in the
REQUEST.  Please specify default validators for this case.
------
2005-09-15T19:47:35 INFO(0) Plone Debug plone_utils.browserDefault
Total failure getting the folderlisting action for the folder,
"http://blog.daniele.homelinux.org/forum/gen"
------
2005-09-15T19:47:40 INFO(0) Plone Debug
/hdb/zope/instance/Products/CMFBoard/skins/cmfboard/forum_message_edit.cpt:
No default action specified for status success, content type ANY.  Users
of IE can submit pages using the return key, resulting in no button in
the REQUEST.  Please specify a default action for this case.
------
2005-09-15T19:47:40 INFO(0) Plone Debug
/hdb/zope/instance/Products/CMFBoard/skins/cmfboard/forum_message_edit.cpt:
No default validators specified for content type ANY.  Users of IE can
submit pages using the return key, resulting in no button in the
REQUEST.  Please specify default validators for this case.
------
2005-09-15T20:09:15 ERROR(200) ZODB Couldn't load state for 0x01213c
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/hdb/zope/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line 600, in setstate
     self._set_ghost_state(obj, p)
   File "/hdb/zope/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line 639, in
_set_ghost_state
     state = unpickler.load()
ImportError: No module named ZPhotoSlides.photo_edition.exif
------
2005-09-15T20:09:16 INFO(0) Zope Shutting down with exit code 1

This is the same error, *every time* zope server restart itself. So the
problem is that Zope can't "forget" ZPhotoSlides, and at a certain point
  it tries to load a module that doesn't exist anymore.
I think, someone correct me please, that this module call is generated
by the remaining ZPhotoSlides objects (my old galleries, with all the
photos, comments and ratings).
At a certain point, Zope tries to *unpickle* these objects: being them
instances of a non-existing class, this unpickling generates the
deathful error and zope restart (the second after, but the interval is
less than a second as many restarts are at the exactly same time of the
error).

So my question is: if my reasoning is correct, is it possible save all
the data pickled in my ZPhotoSlides objects (waiting a future release),
avoiding the current autorestarting error???

And more: if all I have exposed is correct, that error could raise in
any zope server where a class istance was created, pickled and stored in
the ZODB, and then the class code was removed for any reason! When zope
will try to unpickle the object, it will not find the original class and
  it will crash!?

--
-----
it.scienza.chimica, 25/8/05:
 > che differenza c'è tra molarità, molalità e moralità?
con le prime due puoi descrivere un politico.
[dp]
http://blog.daniele.homelinux.org