[Zope] Text field and module import questions

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Sun Sep 18 12:39:00 EDT 2005

Hi Ivan.  Script Python scripts permit a limited number of modules to
be used for security reasons. You will get these types of errors
whenever you try to import a module that is not allowed.  The best way
to use other modules in Zope is by developing a product - like a simple
tool product. You can import whatever modules you would like and place
security restrictions on the methods you create (in a way that is
consistent with how they will be used and who will use them).

I think on zope.org you will find an example tool product and example
content type products.  I believe there are also examples of example
plone and cmf products as well. This  will be of interest if you are
developing in one of these CMSs and provides a good starting point.

If you search the archives of this list you may also find additional
information on allowing specific modules into your Script Python since
I recall this coming up before.  From my perspective, the security
measures in Zope are there to help you create secure applications.  You
can query the archives of this list at:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Browse/Threaded/zope-List

Regards,
David