[Zope] Help with virtual hosting Zope on different ports

Michael Sanborn galethog at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 13:43:19 EDT 2005

I have two Zope versions running behind Apache 1.3 (on FreeBSD 4)
using different ports on the same server. The only domain name
currently assigned to the server is for a Squishdot site on the older
Zope version (2.5.1) that I haven't been able to upgrade, and I don't
want to spend the time figuring it out right now. The newer Zope
version (2.8.1) has a Plone site that I would like to run as a domain
of its own.

Can someone help me figure out the combination of Apache rewrite rules
and Zope/Plone products I would need to use to accomplish this?

Just to try to make it clear, what I want is:

request: oldsite.com
result: myserver:8093/oldsite

request: newsite.com
result: myserver:8580/newsite

This is possible, isn't it?

If it helps, here are the existing rewrite rules:

<VirtualHost oldsite.com>
ServerName oldsite.com
ServerAdmin webmaster at oldsite.com
DocumentRoot /u2/oldsite
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /u2/oldsite.cgi-bin/
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)
RewriteRule ^/(oldsite/)?(.*) /usr/local/Zope/Zope.cgi/oldsite/$2
[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%2,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
ErrorLog /u2/oldsite.admin/oldsite.errors
TransferLog /u2/oldsite.admin/oldsite.access
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost www.oldsite.com>
ServerName www.oldsite.com
ServerAdmin webmaster at oldsite.com
DocumentRoot /u2/oldsite
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /u2/oldsite.cgi-bin/
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)
RewriteRule ^/(oldsite/)?(.*) /usr/local/Zope/Zope.cgi/oldsite/$2
[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%2,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
ErrorLog /u2/oldsite.admin/oldsite.errors
TransferLog /u2/oldsite.admin/oldsite.access
</VirtualHost>

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Michael Sanborn