[Zope] Passing args to PageTemplateFile instances

Anders Bruun Olsen anders at bruun-olsen.net
Thu Sep 22 18:24:15 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have read some posts about this before, but the solutions given there
does not seem to work for me.

The deal is that I would like to make a product where amongst other
things there needs to be a search feature.

I then make a method that takes input from a form with searchwords but
then I get stuck. How do I get the search results handed over to a ZPT
that will display them?

I would like to just pass the results as an argument to it, and have
made a simple test-product to test how this would work.

class TestProd(SimpleItem):
    """A TestProd object"""
    meta_type = "TestProd"
    manage_options = (  {"label": "Edit", "action": "manage_main"},
                        {"label": "View", "action": "index_html"})

    manage_main = PageTemplateFile("templates/mainTestProd", globals())
    index_html = PageTemplateFile("templates/indexTestProd", globals())
    test = PageTemplateFile("templates/test", globals())

    def __init__(self, id, title):
        self.id = id
        self.title = title

    def testit(self, REQUEST=None):
        return self.test.__of__(self)(something="blah")

In the template I should now be able to access options/something
according to previous posts, but this:

results in:
Error Type: KeyError
Error Value: 'something'

I am using Zope 2.8.0. Am I doing it wrong? How can it be done
correctly?

--
Anders
PGPKey: http://random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD4DEFED0