[Zope] securing webdav

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Fri Sep 23 23:29:31 EDT 2005

Hi Tino. Over HTTP is not the problem. It is more on normally https you
are rewriting your requests to port 443 with apache proxy and your
usual webdav server is port 1980 that is not secure.

I am in the same boat as David. I haven't got my webdav running
securely at this point either.  The only thing I have heard about is
the running m2crypto with ZServerSSL but I have read mixed reviews so
have been reluctant to install it.  Either way I am looking for
something also for securing webdav and ftp as well.

As far as sftp I know that Zope Corp has a product in CVS but I have
not heard whether it works or if anyone is using it.  It relies on on
the deprecated Twisted 1.1.1 which is at least 2 or 3 years old.  I
read earlier today of a product called scponly that could help but it
looks like it has had some history of vulnerability so not so sure
about this solution at this point either.

Regards,
David