[Zope] Aquisition, UserFolder and security

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Sep 29 13:10:53 EDT 2005

bruno modulix wrote at 2005-9-29 13:20 +0200:
>>>The problem here is that CPS (the portal and all CPMs are CPS instances)
>>>uses predefined roles, on which the various workflows relies, so that
>>>would mean renaming all roles - differently - on each CPM, and modifying
>>>the workflows too.
>>

>> I think that is would only be necessary that the roles
>> are disjoint between "Portal" and "CPM". All "CPM"s can use
>> the same roles.
>
>Nope. Some users may have different roles from CPM to CPM.

I did not say that the "user to role" mapping should (or even must)
be identical in all CPMs but that the *set* of roles *might* be identical
in all CPMs -- or to say it differently: that you are not forced
to use disjoint role sets for any pair of CPMs.

Hopefully, you see the difference...

--
Dieter