[Zope] Problem with links containing non-ascii characters in StructuredText

Maurits van Rees maurits at vanrees.org
Fri Sep 30 06:19:31 EDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 07:53:03AM +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:
> You have to configure your locale support in etc/zope.conf properly.

Ah, that seems to be part of the mix yes.  Thanks.  I am now trying:

locale nl_NL.utf8 at euro

I am also wondering about the following two settings, that seem to be
needed as well:

rest-input-encoding utf-8
rest-output-encoding utf-8

According to
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/ReStructuredTextIntegration:

Zope 2.X includes a StructuredText module that has several problems:

    * undefined behaviour in i18n environments (which characters are
allowed inside StructuredText markup? Which characters count as
punctuation characters?)

So I guess I should be using REstructured text instead.  This indeed
seems to help, though I haven't got all problems ironed out yet.  In
this new format the following:

--------
.. _Zope: http://www.zope.org/

I like the `Zöpe platform`__.

__ Zope_
--------

gets transformed into something like:

Some other linking methods and other encodings either don't work (Zope
doesn't start or throws an error on the page or doesn't produce a
link) or they produce a correct link but with ugly characters like
above.

Maybe I can get it to work with some more trying and guessing.  But
does anyone have a good link on how to get Zope to work correctly with
Unicode?

Thanks,

Public GnuPG key:  http://maurits.vanrees.org/var/gpgkey.asc
"It can seem like you're doing just fine,
but the creep's creeping into your mind." - Neal Morse