[Zope] Zope and Tomcat troubles

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Tue Apr 4 12:37:06 EDT 2006

If I'm not mistaken, by default "out of the package" both Zope and Tomcat
defaults to run on port 8080, don't know about the relation to OpenXchange.
You need to change one of them.

As Tino mentioned, Zope port is set in zope.conf.   zope.conf, with the Suse
10 rpm I used on my notebook, is in /var/opt/zope/default/etc.   Look for

<http-server>
 address 8080
<http-server>

Tomcat port is set in server.xml in the conf directory.  Look for something
similar to:

    <!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080 -->
               connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" />
    <!-- Note : To disable connection timeouts, set connectionTimeout value
     to 0 -->

Also, you may want to check your environment to make sure the java paths are
still correct although not related to a zope installation java paths can sure
srew things up if they are wrong.  Defaults on Suse 10 are, assuming you
haven't installed another version of jdk:

JAVA_ROOT=/usr/lib/jvm/jre
JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jre
JAVA_BINDIR=/usr/lib/jvm/jre/bin
JRE_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jre

and include /usr/lib/jvm/jre/bin in the PATH.

Thomas

On Friday 31 March 2006 18:25, Mads Munch Hansen wrote:
> Hi,
> Since I installed Zope on my server Tomcat has stoped working, and I was
> wondering if any of you knew of a solution. When I try to load the
> management interface for TomCat, all I get is a blank page, the same
> when I try to log into OpenXchange... I installed zope from the Plone
> Suse 10 rpm bundle on a Suse 10 box.
>
> I hope this isn't too much off topic, but I'm quite sure Zope related.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mads Munch Hansen

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III			P O Box
University Library			Boone, North Carolina 28608

Please use the Systems Help Desk at http://linux.library.appstate.edu/help
All in Systems receive an email with each submission.