[Zope] manage_convertIndexes on large-ish catalogs

Michael Vartanyan pycry at doli.biz
Tue Apr 4 15:20:14 EDT 2006

Hi Chris!

After various attempts to get through the right way, I did simply the
following:

1. Clear catalog
2. manage_covertIndexes
3. start looping through objects reindexing them and calling
commit_transaction() on each 100-chunk (or 1000 or whatever your RAM can
bear)
4. go have a coffee/walk/sleep (depending on the size of your catalog)
5. enjoy!

Dumb, slow, but works quite well!