[Zope] Zope + Apache + mod_proxy + SiteRoot = some links not proxied?

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Mon Apr 10 06:13:58 EDT 2006

En/na Alain Fauconnet ha escrit:
> Am I missing something? I have created the SiteRoot object in the
> root (/) folder. Is this correct?

Look here:
http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/plone-with-apache-1.3

It's not plone specific and the links at the top are useful for other
situations.
E.g., if you follow
http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/VirtualHosting.stx
you'll read:

"SiteRoots are an artifact of an older generation of Zope virtual
hosting services that are only retained in current Zope versions for
backwards-compatibility purposes. They are not documented in this book
because they are somewhat "dangerous" for new users, as they have the
capability of temporarily "locking you out" of your Zope instance if you
configure them improperly. Luckily, we have Virtual Host Monsters, which
do everything that SiteRoots do and more without any of the dangerous
side effects of SiteRoots. If you want to do virtual hosting in Zope,
you should almost certainly be using a Virtual Host Monster."

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007