[Zope] Problems Executing pdftk from within zope.

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Apr 10 13:16:40 EDT 2006

Jerry Westrick wrote:
> When executed from within zope,
> (this i've done via external command that executes os.system(...))
> A task is started to executed it, but the task hangs.

os.system will spew to stdout, which a daemon process like Zope probably
won't enjoy much.

If'd suggest moving to Zope 2.9, and then using Ptyon 2.4's subprocess
module which handles these kinda things much better.

Also, I echo Dieter's comments on stuff that needs to be run as root...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk