[Zope] Documentation and Books

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Apr 19 13:20:44 EDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 01:54:19PM +0800, Bakhtiar A Hamid wrote:
> On 4/19/06, Erik Billing <erik at ekhagen.org> wrote:
> >

> > I quite recently began looking at Zope and now I'm looking for a good book
> > on the subject. I'm fairly familiar with both Python and webapp development
> > in general, so I'm looking for a book covering pretty much everything about
> > Zope I need to know, rather then an introduction. I've read a few reviews on
> > Amazon and Web Component Development with Zope 3 seams to be a good
> > choice.
> >
> > Does anyone have another to recommend?
> >
> > By the way, I'm surprised how little zope documentation I've found on the
> > web. I'm missing a complete API reference for example. And is there a living
> > Wiki available somewhere? If not, why not start one?
> >

> http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition
> and zopewiki,org

... which are both great, and both about zope 2.
(Well, there is a small amount of stuff about zope 3 in zopewiki.org,
hopefully there will be more.)

For Zope 3, both the available print books are pretty good, but you need
to know going in that some things are already out of date; for example,
Services no longer exist, there are only Utilities.  The general
concepts still apply.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com