[Zope] Zope product update question

Cyrille Bonnet cyrille at 3months.com
Thu Apr 20 17:39:03 EDT 2006

Hi there,

I have a question regarding product update.

I have updated a product (ATContentTypes) on the file system. Upon
restarting the server, the new version of the product appears in red in
the QuickInstaller (as expected).

Even though I haven't re-installed the product, some changes are picked
up (for instance, it uses the new schemata for ATDocument).

Is this the expected behaviour?

What is exactly the difference between a non-installed product on the
file system and an installed product?

Is the only difference that the Install.py is run when you install the
product??

I am using Zope 2.7.4.0, Python 2.3.4. The versions of ATContentTypes
are 0.2.0-rc3 (current) and 0.2.1-final (future, uninstalled).

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Cyrille