[Zope] zope 2.8.5 becomes unresponsive.

Sasha Vincic sasha.vincic at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 15:36:13 EDT 2006

I have had zopes like that on different linux versions. Following
identified reasons on the different installations:

1. LDUF timeout(s) where -1
After upgrading LDUF where you could set timeouts and linux/zope
version the operation -1 timeout caused deadlock and no response from
zope for 5-15 minutes, depending on the timeout in the system call.
Setting the timeout >0 solved it on this instance.

2. LinguaPlone had a bug or something, Jodok found this and it's fixed
on the trunk.

3. Suspect: CacheFu - Memcache broken
On Fedora 3 zope 2.8.x, I hade CacheFu and no debug on so I didn't see
that the Memcache product in CacheFu was broken due missing memcache
module. After turning the zope into debug and removing the Memcache
product it has worked perfect.

Hope this helps.

/Sasha