[Zope] (no subject)

Marco Bizzarri marco.bizzarri at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 07:08:52 EDT 2006

Please take a look at the Zope book, in the section about security
where it speaks about "trusted" and "untrusted" code.

Basically, you can access from a Python script (i.e. untrused code)
only those modules which are explicity declared so in Zope.

time module is most probably not in those modules.

Regards
Marco

On 3 Aug 2006 10:36:12 -0000, barrett-zope at smithweb.us
<barrett-zope at smithweb.us> wrote:

> I'm new to Zope, though I've been writing Python for some time.  I have a fresh installation to which I've added a simple Python script (code below) in the root directory.  When I test the script through the ZMI or attempt to access it via the web, I get an error:
>
> Error Type: Unauthorized
> Error Value: You are not allowed to access localtime in this context
>
> I'm logged in as a Manager and have tried setting the Proxy of the script to both Manager and Owner, to no avail.
>
> Can someone please help me understand what is happening and how to fix it?
>
> Thanks
>
> code of the script:
>
> import time
> t=time.localtime()