[Zope] WHM/LibProxy Problem

beno zope at 2012.vi
Thu Aug 3 16:24:38 EDT 2006

I have FreeBSD 5.3 and just installed Apache 2.2.3. I just took over
sysadmining this box. We work with Zope and VirtualHostMonster, so
there's lots of RewriteRules and a proxy is necessary. The problem is
configuring the proxy. The old Apache (1.3.3) had the following:

LoadModule proxy_module   libexec/libproxy.so

ClearModuleList
AddModule proxy_module libexec/libproxy.so

but apparently the new version of Apache doesn't use that code any more.
I ran my configure command with
--enable-proxy=shared
among others and it didn't complain. Nonetheless, I get errors like this:

server167# /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl -k start
httpd: Syntax error on line 56 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/libproxy.so into server:
/usr/local/apache2/modules/libproxy.so: Undefined symbol "ap_dummy_mutex"

when I copy libproxy.so over to the new distro and put in the LoadModule
command,

server167# /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl -k start
Syntax error on line 576 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/vhosts.conf: // This
is where my <VirtualHost *> stuff lives
Invalid command 'CacheRoot', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration

server167# /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl -k start
httpd: Syntax error on line 56 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/libproxy.so into server:
/usr/local/apache2/modules/libproxy.so: Undefined symbol "ap_dummy_mutex"

For some reason, I can't get the old Apache up, either, so I'm trying to
resolve the problem with the new one. Please help. Thanks.
beno