[Zope] Using the Tree Widget

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Fri Aug 4 20:25:36 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "David VanKirk" <kriknav at gmail.com>
To: "Jonathan" <dev101 at magma.ca>
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 6:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Using the Tree Widget

> Unfortunately, I've already read over all of that.  It does tell about
> all the features of the widget, but it doesn't seem to give me that
> connection to make this widget useful, aside from listing objects in
> Zope.

I had a quick look at the dtml tree doc (i have never used it, so am just
going on what i read), but it seems that you can specify methods that are
called in order to obtain branch elements and there is an attribute 'expr'
which allows you to provide an 'expression' which provides the value to be
displayed, so it sounds as if you should be able to write your own routines
to pull the info out of your db.

Jonathan

P.S.  pls keep your posts on the list (that way others can help too!)