[Zope] Re: FastCGI server crashing

David Chandek-Stark dc at duke.edu
Mon Aug 7 14:04:32 EDT 2006

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> You're probably aware of the fact that FastCGI is no longer a supported
> configuration. Is there any specific reason you're using it instead of
> RewriteRules for example?
>
> jens

Actually, I wasn't aware. I'm using FastCGI b/c I am doing external
authentication with an Apache module that sets REMOTE_USER. I have to
use FastCGI to pass this variable to Zope and am using RemoteUserFolder
for the Zope authentication. I am hoping that I will be able to move to
PAS with Shibboleth, but haven't had time ...

Major app is a Plone 2.0.5 site.

Thanks,
David