[Zope] no accounts in root user folder?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Aug 10 14:02:28 EDT 2006

Vangelis Mihalopoulos wrote at 2006-8-10 10:58 +0300:
>I have a zope app in a folder and have an exUserFolder in there to
>authenticate the app's users. The app is working fine and i get
>authenticated by the exUserFolder and everything works. I tried to
>delete the single "admin" account (with Manager privileges) from the
>root standard user folder and the app breaks with:
>
>Unauthorized: You are not allowed to access 'call_backend' in this context
>
>where 'call_backend' is an External Method called by a Python Script.
>All objects in zope are owned by the "admin". Could this be causing the
>problem?

Others already answered "yes".

I just would like to add that this is due to the "executable owner"
feature, introduced in Zope 2.2 to make Trojan horse attacks much
more difficult. You may still be able to find the corresponding
documentation (maybe even in the Zope Book (2.7 edition on "Plope.org").

--
Dieter