[Zope] Log Files Not Logging

zope at 2012.vi zope at 2012.vi
Tue Aug 15 10:23:18 EDT 2006

Hi;
I just took over managing my own server. The Z2.log files were enormous,
so as a quick fix (before creating a rotation cron job) I created a new
file and moved it to Z2.log Everything was the same except the owner was
root, so I chowned it over and made it the same as before I cleared off
the old one. But when I go to hit sites the hits aren't logged. (Note:
It's not an error I'm looking for at first in the log, just a regular
hit.) Here's a partial printout of "ls -al":

-rw-r--r--  1 tick  wheel    0 Aug 15 14:15 Z2.log
-rw-r--r--  1 tick  wheel    0 Aug 15 13:36 event.log

Same as before I touched it. Did I do something wrong? Or am I just
being impatient?
TIA,
beno