[Zope] multiple rewrite rules in apache

David Bear David.Bear at asu.edu
Tue Aug 15 19:55:59 EDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 08:56:39PM +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> David Bear wrote at 2006-8-14 14:06 -0700:
> >I have apache serving multiple ip based virtual hosts. When I went
> >into one of the virtual hosts to put the rewrite rule, they failed. I
> >used the zope witch at betabug to generate them. However, I am
> >wondering if the rewrite rules need to appear elsewhere in the apache
> >config file.
>
> The rewrite rule is well in the virtual host sections.

ok.

> You have there the "RewriteEngine on" as well?

yes. I assume RewriteEngine is a global setting. I already have a set
of rewrite rules working that reach the top level of my zope site. I
wanted a set of rules that would redirect requests further down the
hierarchy. For example, I have two ip based vhosts called
site1.asu.edu and site2.asu.edu.

I have an existing rule that works for rewriting site1.asu.edu/zi1
into the root of my zope site. I want another rule that would work for
site2.asu.edu/portal that would go to a folder in my zope server
called site2.asu.edu.

> In what way did the rewrite rule fail?

It never seemed to 'fire'.. When accessing the url that should have
been rewritten zope returned a 404 error.

> You know about the possibility to log rewrite rule activity?

I've looked in the rewrite log. I'm not sure how to read the messages
there. Should I post some of them?