[Zope] Zope 2.9 Product Refreshing

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Wed Aug 16 05:47:11 EDT 2006

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> James Davies wrote at 2006-8-7 21:47 +1000:
>> I've been attempting to develop products with Zope 2.9, and am finding
>> it increasingly difficult and slow to do so as Product refreshing no longer
>> works.
>
> What happens when you try to refresh a product?

Nothing. No errors, no refresh.

> Does it happen only when the product uses "Five"?
I've only tried refreshing a non-Five product in Zope 2.9 and it doesn't
work.
> Or can even products not using "Five" not be refreshed?
Yes.

A side note...
I've followed this thread in the mailinglist and it seems that people
get sidetracked into maintaining the session state and/or restarting
zope via zeo clients.
What REALLY concerns me is development. Not production. If I had to
restart Zope every time I make a change I want to test I'd loose several
hours worth of valuable work time every week. Plus every time you have
to wait for Zope to restart there's a silent moment of waiting which can
be distracting so that you loose the flow. Very unproductive.

--
Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com