[Zope] Logging client IPs to Z2.log

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Wed Aug 16 11:02:25 EDT 2006

Hi Oliver,

Oliver Hookins wrote:
>>> So... is it at all possible to log the real client IPs in Z2.log using
>>> mod_proxy? If not what is going to happen when (and if) PCGI/FCGI support
>>> is
>>> removed?

FCGI is already unsupported,

>> It may be that you need to reconfigure apache, have a look at the apache
>> docs:
>>
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html
>
> What do you mean by reconfigure? If the directives I have used weren't supported
> then httpd would have complained on restart. This is clearly not the problem.

Not necessarily - Jonathan may have been suggesting that Apache can do
things /differently/, as opposed to that it is /wrongly/ configured.

> Surely I'm not the only one who has run into this issue, or is everyone else
> steadfastly sticking to ZServer or PCGI/FCGI?

I have exactly that issue, and I recommend that you consider Apache to
be the web server and Zope the application server, and that logging
client IPs is the web server's job.

Very few people use PCGI/FCGI (less all the time), most run Zope behind
Apache.

--

Regards,

PhilK

"Human language continually changes, innit."
- Stephen Juan