[Zope] Zope 2.9 Product Refreshing

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Aug 16 14:02:06 EDT 2006

Peter Bengtsson wrote at 2006-8-16 10:47 +0100:
>Dieter Maurer wrote:
>> James Davies wrote at 2006-8-7 21:47 +1000:
>>> I've been attempting to develop products with Zope 2.9, and am finding
>>> it increasingly difficult and slow to do so as Product refreshing no longer
>>> works.
>>
>> What happens when you try to refresh a product?
>>
>Nothing. No errors, no refresh.

Then you should look in the SVN repository how the "refresh" code
changed.

   In Zope 2.8, refresh moves all modules starting with
   "Products.<product_to_be_refreshed>" out of "sys.modules"
   (and into a safe place) and then reimports the product.

   If there is an exception, the saved modules are restored.
   Otherwise, the ZODB is told to discard the connection cache
   when the connection is opened for the next time.

With this code, "no errors, no refresh" is impossible
(you get either an error or a refesh).

Of course, someone may have turned the refresh into a "noop".
Then, you can try to reinstate the former code and see what
happens.

--
Dieter