[Zope] Content-Disposition is driving me batty

David H bluepaul at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 17 11:55:31 EDT 2006

Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On 16. August 2006 17:28:00 -0500 Kirk Strauser <kirk at daycos.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I have a Python script that transmits a file to the user.  An excerpt:
>>
>>     if not skipctypeheader:
>>         # Set the content type if one is defined for the file
>>         ctype = file.getProperty('content_type', d=None)
>>         if ctype:
>>             RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type', ctype)
>>
>>     RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Disposition', 'inline; filename=%s' %
>> filename)
>

> I remember having had similar problems with IE and downloading files.
> In general we use only content-disposition: attachment for IE vs.
> content-disposition: inline for all other browsers. After that change
> we haven't had
> any bug reports from IE users.
>
> -aj

I had similar problems too.  This seems to work with IE:
         theFile=open( self.pdfpath,'rb')
         result = theFile.read()
         RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type','application/pdf')
         RESPONSE.setHeader("Content-Disposition","filename=report.pdf")
         RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Length',len(result))
         RESPONSE.write(result)

David