[Zope] Pack problem with zeo

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Mon Aug 21 11:41:42 EDT 2006

I have encountered a problem caused by packing Data.fs (pack done via ZMI -
Control Panel - Database Management - main - Pack).  After Data.fs is
packed, the ZODBmount point for the zeo server is missing.

I have the following folder set-up:

Root
   |----Coz
          |---ZeoServer1

After the pack operation, folder 'ZeoServer1' is missing.

In zope.conf I have:

<zodb_db main>
    # Main FileStorage database
    <filestorage>
      path $INSTANCE/var/Data.fs
    </filestorage>
    mount-point /
</zodb_db>

 <zodb_db zeo1>
   mount-point /Coz/ZeoServer1
   # ZODB cache, in number of objects
   cache-size 5000
   <zeoclient>
     server 192.168.123.1:8100
     storage 1
     name zeostorage
     var /apps/zeo1/var
     # ZEO client cache, in bytes
     cache-size 20MB
     # Uncomment to have a persistent disk cache
     #client zeo1
   </zeoclient>
 </zodb_db>

I am packing the main Data.fs (running on an application server - the zeo
client) not the zeo Data.fs. (zeo server is running on a different machine).
I am running Zope 2.9.2 on RedHat linux.

Any ideas as to how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Jonathan