[Problem report] "pack" discards reachable object (was: [Zope]Pack problem with zeo)

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Mon Aug 21 14:45:16 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan" <dev101 at magma.ca>
To: "Dieter Maurer" <dieter at handshake.de>
Cc: <zope at zope.org>; <zodb-dev at zope.org>
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 2:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Problem report] "pack" discards reachable object (was:
[Zope]Pack problem with zeo)

I have found a work-around:

- delete the ZeoServer1 folder (via the ZMI)
- pack the main Data.fs and specify only to pack items older than 1 day
- after the pack (Data.fs down to 7.8Mb from 53Mb) undo the ZeoServer1
folder deletion

Everything seems to be ok, but a bit of an ugly work-around.

Jonathan