[Zope] ONE MORE TIME MAILBOXER!!!!!!!!

beno zope at 2012.vi
Wed Aug 23 15:36:16 EDT 2006

replies-lists-zope at listmail.innovate.net wrote:
> You're really not going to win any friends, or get any help, with this
> approach.

Sometimes it's the only way to get past the arrogant belligerent list
subscribers who choose to make miserable the lives of those of us who
ask questions they consider stupid :) And it worked, didn't it?
> Your question is a very basic. If you don't understand what the
> documentation is trying to describe you might want to read some
> intro-level mail-related documentation.

The question appears simple. Maybe it is. Maybe, however, it only
appears to be simple. I've been working in Zope for years, and have done
a lot in email, actually.
> Additionally, when debugging it's always good to look at the
> appropriate logs and provide the relevant entries from those as well as
> error messages you received, as part of your question. A bounced
> message will, generally, tell you why - which can be enlightening. The
> mail logs on your system will provide other hints as to what's going
> wrong. Obviously there's an assumption that you have tried to resolve
> your problem based on the log/error information you've gotten.

Of course. And I did that. Here's what I found:

server167# grep "rejoice at rejoice.2012.vi"
/usr/local/zope/instance2/log/Z2.log
Nothing.

Error Log (in Zope TTW interface)
Nothing.

Thank you for responding. Here is my question once again:

On this page (of a Zope product):
http://iungo.org/products/MailBoxer/
there is the instruction to send an email to this address:
|foo at yourMailHost.yourDomain
What exactly does that mean? Can someone give me an example? The list is
called "rejoice", the Web site in question is called "rejoice.2012.vi"
and I tried this address: "rejoice at 2012.vi". It didn't work. So I tried
this address: "rejoice at rejoice.2012.vi". On that one, I didn't get a
bounce but I didn't show up in the Properties::maillist, either, nor did
I receive a welcome message :( Frankly, I find the tokens "yourMailHost"
and "yourDomain" terribly unclear.

TIA,
beno