[Zope] How best to copy and paste in pythonscript?

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Mon Aug 28 08:06:50 EDT 2006

--On 28. August 2006 14:00:25 +0200 Gaute Amundsen <gaute at div.org> wrote:

> On Monday 28 August 2006 13:16, Andreas Jung wrote:
>> - Docfindertab
>> - lib/python/OFS/interfaces.py (!)
>> - lib/python/OFS/CopySupport.py
>>
>> -aj
>
> Excuse me, my oh so knowledgable friend, but it is not at all obious to
> me,  ( or most other readers of this list, I'd wager) what or where
> "Docfindertab"  is.

You might google for Docfindertab and click on the first hit. I think
that's a task you can perform on your own?

?

> But knowing you a bit by now, me thinks you are infact referring to the
> source..
> Some API doc that!
>
> Actually, I am starting to think there should be a big notice on the
> frontpage  of the http://www.zope.org/Documentation/ section saying:
>
> "don't bother with this, just read the source"
>
> I am sure zopes momentum as a platform would improve greatly,
> and you would not have to bother answering such stupid questions.

The documentation situation in Zope 2 land is as it is and it won't change
much. And as a Zope developer one should know that APIs are usually
documented in interface files (that's why I mentioned them
*before* the source code file).

-aj