[Zope] Reportlab issue

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Aug 28 15:12:17 EDT 2006

David H wrote at 2006-8-27 17:54 -0700:
>I display an acrobat report (using Firefox or IE 6) and say scroll down
>to page 10.  I then use the <browser> back button to re-enter my Zope
>application.
>
>Now, even if I click various unrelated pages in the application
>(clearing the request,etc) and then return to the Report (which is
>always freshly generated) it will try to re-display at page 10 - instead
>of top of page.

It is unlikely that this is a server side problem.

To verify, check your "ZServer" log file (usually called "Z2.log").
It is likely that you need to configure it before Zope will
write it.

If configured, the log file will contain one entry (line) for
each completed request. This way, you can verify, whether
Zope see your report requests and how it responded.

If this (quite high) level of detail is not sufficient to
decide whether the problem is on client or server side,
you can use a TCP-logger (such as Shane's "tcpwatch") to
log the communication between client and server.
This will finally allow you to decide....

--
Dieter