[Zope] accelerating Zope restart

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Thu Aug 31 07:23:00 EDT 2006

--On 31. August 2006 12:18:24 +0100 egf05 at doc.ic.ac.uk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My Data.fs is huge (21GB) because it contains many video files. This is
> not a problem in itself, however, I recently had to reboot my machine and
> now zope takes around 20-30 minutes to restart. Is a fstest automatically
> done ? How could I accelerate the restarting, if possible ?

Zope does maintain a Data.fs.index file. If it becomes corrupt e.g. through
an unclean shutdown then Zope will recreate it by scanning the whole
Data.fs file when starting Zope the next time. This will take some
time....so before rebooting you should shutdown down your Zope properly.

-aj

Web: www.zopyx.com - Email: info at zopyx.com - Phone +49 - 7071 - 793376